Business AnalysisEfficient data segmentation and analysis.
90 mins each
and practice exercises
What you’ll learn
Participants will build speed and competency using core data summary formulas, including for trend-based analysis.
- No-mouse navigation & keyboard shortcuts
- Summarize data with sumifs, countifs
- Remove duplicates, unique
- Looking up information with xlookup, index match
- Date-based (monthly) summaries, eomonth formula
Working with messy data
Participants will learn strategies for identifying and cleaning inconsistent data to enable accurate analysis.
- Text manipulation techniques including left, right, mid, len, search, concatenation, text to columns, trim, flatten
- Build a key and use a lookup to quickly relabel data
- Dynamic filtering and sorting, creation of dropdowns
- Pivot tables
Advanced multi-step analysis
Participants will apply the techniques learned in earlier classes to more complex business analysis.
- Customer cohort analysis
- Efficient comparison of multiple data sets
- Advanced date-time considerations
Scenarios & outputs
Participants will be introduced to multi scenario analysis and will gain comfort creating presentation-ready analysis.
- Creation of summaries from separate tabs of data
- Formatting best-practices
- Intro to scenario analysis (base/upside/downside case)
- Intro to data tables
Interested in a future training?
Our team members love Recalc training. It has become a favorite part of our ongoing professional development.
Recalc training is an innovative and practical way to acquire the skills needed for success in a PE environment. Katie tailored a curriculum for our portfolio company CFOs and they’ve seen immediate benefit.
Highly recommend classes with the Recalc Academy! I have taken several and find each to provide valuable and actionable insights I was immediately able to apply to my day-to-day work life. The extra office hours are such a wonderful perk to get more personalized and one-on-one training.
Frequently asked questions
Everything you need to know about the courses and billing.
How do the courses work?
Each course is taught over multiple highly-interactive Zoom-based classes. They are designed so you can follow along in your own spreadsheet and try out what you’re learning during the class. Participants can also attend individual office hours to help connect in-class concepts to their real work.
Can I arrange training for my team?
Yes, we primarily offer training for corporate and investment teams. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss and schedule training for your team.
- I am not part of a team. Can I still join training?
I use Google Sheets. Can I still take this training?
Yes! We teach Excel and Google Sheets. And if you feel like you lost efficiency by moving from Excel to Google Sheets, we’re here to help! You’ll learn the shortcuts and formulas to help you save time and learn to love Sheets.
I use a Mac. Can I still take this training?
Yes! We teach PC and Mac users.
Can you tailor the content to my business?
Yes, we are happy to incorporate your company’s data or other examples that are relevant to your business to make it highly relatable and impactful for your team.
How much does training cost?
Please reach out to us at email@example.com for more information on courses and pricing.