Strengthen Excel, accounting and modeling skills.
For new private equity and growth equity associates.
8 live classes
2 hours each
1:1 office hours
when you need them
and practice exercises
What you’ll learn
Efficient excel analysis
- New dynamic arrays (unique, filter, sort, transpose functions)
- Customer cohort analysis
- Examples to review how P&L, BS, CF fit together. Includes NWC, PP&E, non-cash interest, financing cost
- Cash conversion cycle and NWC days
Back-of-the-envelope model review
- Build intuition for returns drivers by calculating approximate returns quickly and comparing to full model build
Cap tables & returns waterfalls
- Cap table evolution from company founding through late-stage funding
- Private equity management options (time & performance)
ARR bridge and ASC 606 basics
- Software-specific accounting considerations
- ARR bridge to analyze retention and churn
Model deep dive & add-ons
- Detailed model include more complex debt schedules, covenant considerations
- Modeling add-on acquisitions
Interested in a future training?
How do the courses work?
Each course is taught over multiple highly-interactive Zoom-based classes. They are designed so you can follow along in your own spreadsheet and try out what you’re learning during the class. Participants can also attend individual office hours to help connect in-class concepts to their real work.
Can I arrange training for my team?
Yes, we primarily offer training for corporate and investment teams. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss and schedule training for your team.
I am not part of a team. Can I still join training?
I use Google Sheets. Can I still take this training?
Yes! We teach Excel and Google Sheets. And if you feel like you lost efficiency by moving from Excel to Google Sheets, we’re here to help! You’ll learn the shortcuts and formulas to help you save time and learn to love Sheets.
I use a Mac. Can I still take this training?
Yes! We teach PC and Mac users.
Can you tailor the content to my business?
Yes, we are happy to incorporate your company’s data or other examples that are relevant to your business to make it highly relatable and impactful for your team.
How much does training cost?
Please reach out to us at email@example.com for more information on courses and pricing.
I’m not sure I’m ready to take a course. Can I try any free classes?
Yes, you can try our free weekly classes to experience our teaching first-hand. Check out our Try A Class page for upcoming times.